The Civil Intern performs tasks assigned by a Project Engineer. An individual fulfilling this role plans, designs, and coordinates complex engineering tasks in support of project accomplishment, applies engineering skills and abilities to complete necessary calculations to determine feasibility of different design options, and analyzes reports, maps, drawings, test results and other topographic and geological documents to plan and/or design portions of projects.
The Civil Intern will be exposed to all facets of site design from site feasibility analysis to final construction detail, and will be involved with occasional interdepartmental coordination to help foster a deeper understanding of the complete design process.
This is a seasonal (summer) position and does not include benefits.
- Currently enrolled in a BS Civil Engineering program
- Basic knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, hardworking, highly ethical, and dependable employee
- Proficiency in computer software and related activities
- Possess excellent rapport with management and co-workers, positive can-do attitude, excellent customer service, marketing and people skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, multi-tasking and good follow-through skills
- Ability to work discretely with sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Willing to contribute and pitch in, where ever there is a need within LDC, without being specifically asked to do so