The Director of Human Resources is responsible for all of the processes and systems related to people in our organization. The Director of Human Resources coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources; reports to the President and serves on the Executive Management Team (EMT). The Director of Human Resources assists and advises company managers about human resources issues.They are responsible for building and maintaining a high performing team that supports the strategic efforts of LDC, Inc. by providing exemplary service in benefits, compensation, employee relations, talent acquisition and retention, policy development and administration, regulatory and legal compliance, safety and health programs. They will originate and lead human resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce that supports LDC’s Mission and Vision in pursuit of making LDC, Inc. an exemplary workplace “Above the Standard”.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of effective recruitment practices and strategies.
- Knowledge of all employment laws and regulatory requirements such as Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Affirmative Action (AA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), etc.
- Thorough understanding of benefits programs and the ability to effectively explain program details to a diverse community of employees.
- Broad knowledge and experience in compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the Executive Management Team that provides company leadership and direction.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the company Board of Directors.
- Highly competent to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, labor contracts, policies and procedures, lease and legal agreements and benefits plan documents.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, including customers, vendors, and associations.
- Exemplary customer service skills, including ability to create positive first impressions and develop partnerships with internal and external clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively manage changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise a high level of confidentiality of sensitive documents and information.
- Excellent writing abilities to author, update and maintain current the employment and safety handbooks, develop policies and procedures, develop job descriptions, and edit reports and correspondence.
- Strong mathematical computations and skills.
- Proficiency in software applications, using Microsoft Windows environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint), data management and record keeping on various systems, matrix and workbooks.