The Permit Technician performs a variety of support activities in the areas of permitting, planning and policy. The incumbents in this position do lead projects but support planning and engineering staff in meeting project goals and requirements.
- Experience in the review and application of Land Use, Building, Architectural, or other applicable codes
- AA, BA/BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience considered sufficient to address the demands of the position.
- Knowledge of municipal and state standards and code
- Multitasking and prioritizing
- Communication skills as to when to involve upper management and how to communicate with project teams and clients
- Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High-level proficiency in computer software program related activities
- Self-motivated, hardworking, highly ethical, and dependable employee
- Possess excellent rapport with management and co-workers, positive can-do attitude, excellent customer service, marketing and people skills
- GIS and Microsoft suite skills
- Have the ability to handle a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, organized, multi-tasking and good follow-through skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to work discretely with sensitive and confidential information
- Valid Washington State driver’s license