The Planning Technician performs a variety of support activities in the areas of permitting, planning and policy. The incumbents in this position work independently and support planning and engineering staff in meeting project goals and objectives.
- AA, BA/BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience considered sufficient to address the demands of the position.
- Experience in the review and application of Land Use, Building, Architectural, or other applicable codes
- Communication skills as to when to involve upper management and how to communicate with project teams and clients
- Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High-level proficiency in computer software program related activities
- Possess excellent rapport with management and co-workers, positive can-do attitude, excellent customer service, marketing and people skills • GIS and Microsoft suite skills
- Have the ability to handle a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work discretely with sensitive and confidential information Willing to contribute and pitch in, where ever there is a need within LDC, without being specifically asked to do so
- Multitasking and prioritizing
- Knowledge of municipal and state standards and code
- Self-motivated, hardworking, highly ethical, and dependable employee
- Detail-oriented, organized, multi-tasking and good follow-through skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Excellent stress management and time management skills
- Valid Washington State driver’s license