The Senior Planner acts as a project manager on a variety of independent and team activities in the areas of permitting, planning and policy.
“Within the LDC Planning Division, the only limit to what we can achieve is the ceiling we set for ourselves! This is because we support each other and work as a team, jump at the chance to take on new and challenging projects, and embrace being a diverse and forward thinking group. We dive deep to not only take on complex policy, planning, and permitting projects, but key in on understanding the interrelationship between our laws, policies, and regulations and how they impact our clients and our region.
You might find us high fiving after a successful hearing, working together on a neighborhood plan, or figuring out how we can successfully take on the next challenge we have set for ourselves. We go “Above the Standard” for our clients, which simply means that we focus on exceeding expectations for those we serve.” – LDC Principal Planner
- A Bachelor’s degree in planning, geography, civil engineering, political science, economics, environmental sciences; AND, five (5) years of experience in a related field. Work related experience may be substituted for the required education or training on a year for year basis.
- Deep understanding of permitting/project management processes and/or principles and practices of planning and/or public policy
- Read, interpret and apply federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, and policies
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Multitasking and prioritizing
- Communicate effectively with both internally and with those we serve
- Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High-level proficiency in computer software program related activities
- Self-motivated, hardworking, highly ethical, and dependable employee
- Possess excellent rapport with management and co-workers, positive can-do attitude, excellent customer service, marketing and people skills
- GIS and Microsoft suite skills
- Have the ability to handle a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, organized, multi-tasking and good follow-through skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to work discretely with sensitive and confidential information
- Willing to contribute and pitch in, where ever there is a need within LDC, without being specifically asked to do so
- Valid Washington driver’s license