LDC’s Structural department is seeking a Structural Engineer for design and analysis of physical structures. They are responsible for management of many aspects of structural projects including production and client relationships. A Structural Engineer works within the general policies, procedures and practices of the firm as well as all applicable codes and governmental standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related field from an accredited college
- Minimum 5 years experience in a structural engineering role with increasing responsibility
- Expertise and knowledge of engineering related methods and principles
- Familiarity with steel, concrete, masonry, timber, and other applicable materials.
- Ability to understand building codes and construction specificationss.
- Experience with existing building analysis and design
- Stress management and time management skills
- High-level proficiency in computer software program related activities
- Self-motivated, hard working, highly ethical, and dependable employees
- Possess excellent rapport with management and co-workers, positive can-do attitude, excellent customer service, marketing and people skills, as well as excellent command of verbal and written communications
- Have the ability to handle a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, organized, multi-tasking and good follow-through skills
- Licensed SE or PE in the State of Washington